Wednesday, July 5, 2017

American Dream -The Outcome (Part 4)

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the long break from writing, needed time for reality to sink in and had lots of stuff to figure out. The verdict of my situation is as expected, I did NOT make it in the H1B Lottery for the 4th consecutive time this year (2014-2017). I lost my job a week back. My firm could not support any visa work around or provide opportunities in a different country (my husband being here in the US, I am not sure it would have helped anyways). My husband just got his H1B approved  this year, by the time his green card is initiated , I-140 is approved and I get H4 EAD, it will be at least 1-1.5 years. The wait seems futile and a big road block in my career.

Conclusion: After studying from one of the top schools in USA and working for one of the top firms here, I am sitting at home because I am just unlucky when it comes to the Visa lottery. I was sad and disheartened at first but not anymore. I am keeping a positive mind and  figuring my next steps. I refuse to be a puppet of a damn lottery, I refuse to dance to the tunes of luck and destiny. I understand somethings in life are not in your control but one cant sit and whine about it for too long . One needs to fight back and be strong. Worst happens to people in life and I don't think my experience with the H1B visa lottery can dampen my spirit and determination. I will take the next 2-3 months of my life as an opportunity to start over, figure out stuff, plan my next steps and course of action.

As I read somewhere recently, once you hit rock bottom real hard , you bounce back up higher. Life has given me an opportunity to start over and write a new chapter of my life that hopefully does not revolve around playing a lottery each year.  I will continue writing this blog now without using the title 'American dream' as I explore more opportunities , there is more to life than pining for a country right ?  Life is too short to be too sad about something for too long :)
I would love to share my journey from this point on with anyone who is in similar situation or anyone who has faced any sort of visa issues , hoping I can inspire and help them !

Thanks to everyone who supported me through their emails/messages/comments , it meant a lot to me. Good luck to everyone who will continue playing the H1B lottery, may the odds be in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment